The Best Men’s Pomade Hairstyles To Try Out
Looking to update your look? Maybe you are wondering, what are the best men’s pomade hairstyles to try out? Styling the hair is not the easiest task for men, as it requires a lot of hold and shine to come out looking great. As a solution to this, there are many men’s pomade hairstyles that have become a mainstay in pop culture. Pomade in recent years has emerged as a hair product that provides the needed amount of hold and shine for every hairstyle. Using hair pomade, you can style your hair in a variety of ways, being sure to have it in place all through the day. This article is a style guide highlighting the best men’s pomade hairstyles, as well as the proper steps to achieve them.
Picking The Best Hair Pomade For You
Picking a hair pomade that works best for your men’s pomade hairstyle is important if you are looking to get the best result. It is no news that different hair types require a different volume of product. This is why it is important to know the type of hair pomade that works best for you. When picking your hair pomade, you must consider the following:
- The Finish: The finish of the pomade is one of the most important considerations when it comes to choosing a product for your men’s pomade hairstyle. There are three types of hair pomade finish for distinct hair types. For men with oily hair, a pomade with a matte finish is the most effective option. This is because the natural oil in your hair gives it enough shine already. You, therefore, need a hair pomade that will keep the shine in check. For individuals with dry hair, you need all the help that you can get with shine. This is why you require a hair pomade that keeps your hair moisturized adding shine to it. If you have regular hair, that is not too oily or too dry, hair pomade with a natural finish is the right choice. This type of pomade gives your head the needed strength without adding excess matte or shine.
- The Hold: Your experience plays a big role in determining the best pomade hold for you. There are three different types of pomade holds, which are light hold, medium hold, and stronghold. With a stronghold, styling the hair might not be so easy and straightforward. This is why it is crucial to know your capability. Hair pomade with a light hold is best for a rookie. This allows you to conveniently style your hair just how you want, multiple times during the day. For individuals that have been using hair pomade for a while, a medium hold product is a good option. For pomade users with years of experience, a product stronghold will do just fine.
Following these tips will help you select the best hair pomade for your hair type. This will then help you to achieve your desired men’s pomade hairstyle.
Best Men’s Pomade Hairstyle
A classy man keeps his hair looking neat and fresh every time. Using hair pomade, you can achieve the hairstyle of your choice with ease. Below are some of the best men’s pomade hairstyles and how to style them.
- Pompadour: One of the oldest hairstyles around, the pompadour is a classic hairstyle. The hairstyle was made popular by superstars of old, Elvis Presley and Little Richard. It is a great choice for men’s pomade hairstyle. The style has your hair worn high over your head, facing away from your face. It typically has a large volume of hair and a lot of shine.
Pompadour and hair pomade go hand in hand, as it is the best hair product to give the perfect look. It should be noted you need a large quantity of pomade to pull off this style. It must also be a product with a stronghold. For the pompadour hairstyle, towel dry your hair till it is only slightly damp. After drying out your hair, apply a generous amount of pomade. Proceed to blow-dry your hair, after which you use a brush to push your hair upwards. Do the brushing in sections so you do not miss any part of your hair. Round it up by adding more pomade to give your hair shine and hold.
- Quiff: Quiff is a popular hairstyle that is very similar to the pompadour. The major difference between both hairstyles is that the quiff is relaxed at the sides and back with only the forelock worn high over the head. To get the quiff hairstyle with hair pomade, blow dry your hair first, making the front hair stand. Follow this by applying a small quantity of pomade on your fingers and run them through your hair. This will give your hair a messy look that maintains a nice texture. Make sure to run your fingers through the top of your hair. Massage the bangs as well as the side of your head, leaving no hair out. Hold the hair on the top of your head firmly, and apply pomade so it holds all through the day.
- Slick Back: The slick back is a timeless hairstyle that is a go-to for many men. You can achieve the slick back hairstyle easily, once you know the steps to take. Comb your hair back right after towel drying from a shower, this gives you a needed headstart. Leave your hair slightly damp and apply pomade evenly. Use a comb through your hair again, this time focusing on distributing the pomade evenly across your hair. Follow this by blow-drying your hair, blowing it from the front to the back. You can use a brush afterward to achieve a smooth texture.
Other men’s pomade hairstyles include ducktail, spiky, side parting, ivy league, and more. Overall, it is important to choose a high-quality pomade as this will aid your hairstyling. It will leave your hair looking neat and clean.